Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Steppin' on the Crabs

It's amazing just how wrong I can be about things sometimes.

So there I was, thinking, "Man, I can't wait for summer! I'll finally have some free time to be lazy after all these finals."  Excited for the prospects of being idle. Ah, what naivety the mind of a young man can have. Summer isn't about lazing around; it's about making tons of plans with people and not thinking through the complications that may arise, working your way through the day in a haze of changed plans and half-baked ideas that usually don't work out the way you think they will.

Working, oddly enough, becomes the most straightforward and therefore easiest part of summer. It's the one piece of structure that mildly supports the chaos of summer living. I've finally got a set work schedule, giving my days new purpose and allowing me to actually make more concrete plans with people. Maybe it's just me growing up, but I'm actually enjoying the structure (and the money) that having a job gives me. Bet you never would have expected that to come from me, would you?

And for a little summer music, I thought I'd treat you to a little number that brings me back to the old days for me:

No comments:

Post a Comment